WHAT IS DOUBLE CLEANSING?
The idea behind double cleansing is to use a cleansing oil or similar product to first remove your makeup and sunscreen. This step is supposed to clear the way for your regular cleanser to cleanse your skin instead of having to work its way through layers of makeup and sunscreen. The result: a more thorough cleanse.
Double cleansing is a good technique if you wear heavy makeup and a mineral-based sunscreen (those with active ingredients titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide), double cleansing ensures you remove both the makeup and the sunscreen, which means the products you apply after cleansing, can work effectively. If you have very oily skin, double cleansing might be an option for you if you feel that your regular cleanser isn’t removing excess oil but a stronger one leaves your skin feeling dry and tight. In this case, it is better to use two gentle cleansers than one harsh, drying cleanser!
You can enhance the results of any cleanser by using a soft washcloth with it or a soft cleansing brush.
HOW TO DOUBLE CLEANSE
Double cleansing most beneficial at night to remove your makeup and sunscreen. Here are the steps to follow for double cleansing:
- Apply your cleansing oil to your hand. Apply it to wet or dry skin, massaging in gentle circular motions, including the eyes and neck for 1 to 2 minutes. You do not need to use a separate eye-makeup remover as our cleansing oil is gentle enough to use on the eyes.
- Rinse with a face cloth soaked in lukewarm water. You can purchase our Tencel Face towels here.
- Then gently massage a small amount of the foaming face wash onto your damp skin.
- Finally remove the cleanser off your face with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean, soft towel.
- You are ready for the rest of your skin care routine!